The ACPocketNews team has been truly enamored by New Horizons since its release. After such excitement leading up to its release, the first few weeks were bound to be viewed with a pair of rose-tinted spectacles bought straight from the Able Sisters. Naturally, with many of us in excess of 100 hours played in just under three weeks, there are now a few key features that the team would like to see included in future updates.
To encourage a spot of healthy competition between the team, we would like you to consider the suggested features from each team member and vote for your favorite. You can only pick a team member’s suggestions as a set, you can’t pick and choose from all of us. Tag your favorite on Twitter!
Josue Ponce (Editor-in-Chief)
- Unbreakable tools should most definitely be included, either as gold or diamond options.
- Crafting multiple items at once – I haven’t got time to waste!
- Include an option to skip the animation when a visiting player lands on your island.
Gabriel Videa (Editor)
- The DIY workshop in your home should have access to the resources in your storage.
- Offer a seamless experience when a visitor joins or leaves your island so that you can continue interacting with villagers or exploring the island.
- Provide a ‘Durability’ meter for tools so that you can see when they are about to break.
Joda (Discord Admin)
- Provide a shopping cart at Able sisters – how can I turn my island into a fashion metropolis if I have to spend half an hour going in and out of the changing room?
- Be able to craft multiple items at once, and allow things like clams to stack. I’m a busy gal on the go, I need my bait and I need it now!
- Isabelle should tell us when there’s a visitor. I want to know when Sahara is there so I don’t miss her.
Justine (Discord Admin)
- Multiple buy option for the same category in Able Sisters
- Ability to eat more than 1 fruit at a time (eat 5/10)
- Fishbait to be sold at Nook’s
Shaun Hughes (Writer)
- When using the ‘Island Designer’ application, you should be able to open the map and edit the landscape from a top-down perspective.
- Be able to pick up more than one item at once i.e. grab all three apples from a tree or dig up multiple flowers at a time.
- Have the option to ‘haggle’ or ‘barter’ with the sales animals on the island. Tom Nook wants 98,000 bells for a ramp? I’ll give you 75,000 and a pat on the back for a job well done.
Celesmeh (Designer and Contributor)
- Include slightly more diverse dialogue between villagers with the same type of personality – we get it, you lift weights!
- Be able to purchase more than one item in a transaction from Able Sisters.
- The fishing float should still move a little even in a pond – it’s all in the detail.