For many, Sunday represents a day of rest. A chance to unwind and relax with little else to do but enjoy the sunshine and the nature that island living has to offer. The same can’t be said for Daisy Mae. An orange boar with a dripping nose, Daisy Mae chooses Sunday for her day of work by plying her trade selling turnips to island inhabitants.
The aptly named Stalk Market, an ode to the stock exchange, represents an opportunity to invest heavily in turnips in the hope of turning a profit. It’s a high-risk venture but you know what they say, ‘fortune favors the brave!’ Unless, of course, it doesn’t, in which case you are left with an abundance of spoilt turnips or a disappointing bank balance. Fortunately, we have the basics covered to get you started on the road to success, and to ensure that Timmy and Tommy don’t take advantage!
This is the ‘need-to-know’ information for purchasing and selling turnips in Animal Crossing: New Horizons:
- Daisy Mae can be found on your island between 5 AM and 12 PM every Sunday.
- You can purchase as many turnips as you like, however they have to be in batches of 10.
- The price fluctuates every Sunday and it is important to make a note of the price you paid so as not to sell them for a loss.
- Turnips cannot be kept in storage – you can drop them on the floor in your house though until you wish to sell them.
- From Monday to Saturday, Timmy and Tommy will offer you a price to buy the turnips if you ask them for the turnip prices when you visit Nook’s Cranny.
- If you do not sell the turnips before Sunday, they will spoil and all of your hard-earned bells will be lost.
Here are some top tips that the ACPocketNews team have procured during their time with the game so far:
- Timmy and Tommy offer two different prices each day, one before 12 PM and the other after.
- Turnips cannot be sold on a Sunday.
- If you time travel to the past, your turnips will spoil immediately.
- Time-traveling to the future doesn’t affect your turnips, so long as you do it one day at a time and don’t travel into the next week. You can’t go any further forward than the Saturday after you purchased your turnips.
- Keep engaged with the community! You can sell turnips to the Timmy and Tommy’s of other islands, so regular discussion with your friends and fellow gamers will maximize your chances of making a profit.
Speculate to accumulate…
Below are some fan theories that should be taken with a pinch of salt, but worth exploring nonetheless:
- The midweek price offered by Timmy and Tommy is believed to be the best.
- An average price for selling turnips is between 100 and 200 bells.
- It is advisable to buy turnips when the price is below 100.
- There is a correlation between the price Daisy Mae offers on a Sunday and the subsequent selling prices from Tommy and Timmy.
What are your top tips for the Stalk Market? Have you been successful? What’s the largest sale price you’ve seen? Be sure to join our Discord server and trade with the community by clicking here.
For all things Animal Crossing, stay tuned to ACPocketNews!