Earlier this week, Nintendo announced a new update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons which adds new quality of life improvements, new features, characters, and seasonal events. Versions 1.2.0 update is available now and courtesy of Nintendo, here are the patch notes:
Ver. 1.2.0 (Released April 22, 2020)
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.2.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- General updates
- The following visiting merchants can now visit the island.
- Leif (gardening shop)
- Redd (Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler)
- Added seasonal events.
- Addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience.
As a recap of this week’s announcement, here is the schedule for the upcoming events coming soon to the game:
- Nature Day (April 23-May 4) – During the Nature Day period, special Nook Miles challenges will be available that focus on nature-inspired goals, such as planting trees and watering flowers.
- May Day Tour (May 1-7) – In the first week of May, players can use a one-time May Day Ticket at the island airport to head out on a limited-time tour to an island that looks different than the usual mystery island tours. A special visitor who looks familiar might also be there…
- International Museum Day (May 18-31) – To celebrate International Museum Day, players can take part in a Stamp Rally. After receiving a special stamp card, players can enjoy viewing fish, insects and fossils while collecting stamps at the various museum exhibits to earn an in-game reward.
- Wedding Season (June 1-30) – During a nuptial-themed June, players can visit Harvey’s island to meet the married couple Reese and Cyrus, as well as help arrange and take anniversary photos with them in the wedding-picture studio. Players will get wedding-themed items as a token of their gratitude.
With this new update, the aloha shirts worn by Isabelle, Timmy & Tommy will be available for redemption with Nook Miles at the Nook Stop in Resident Services as well.
Let us know what you think of this new update and if you are ready for Earth Day starting tomorrow!
For all things Animal Crossing, stay tuned to ACPocketNews.